aria

Author: zereporthej / Labels:

trials are what molds our persona. they shape the heart of a person. but we cannot deny the fact that we're only human and we need help to get through those trials. so when the point where our hearts, minds and bodies will not be able to make it comes, only God will be the one to lend us a helping hand.

It was a loud Monday afternoon when I went outside of the Office of the Students' Affairs [OSA]. i glanced at my watch and realized that it was already 6 o' clock pm. for an unknown reason, i stared at the gloomy, gray and crying skies and i imagined if it was true that when it rains, it was because the angels are shedding tears. it took me quite a while to get to my senses and get back to the pace of reality and started heading home as soon as the rain weakened.

on my way home, i remembered that my nephew had just been born that morning. for many members of my family, he is the much-awaited grandchild and very first son. but for me, he is the little brother that i never had; the one that i wished for every christmas. when i was only a child, seldom would my brothers play with me especially when they both went off to college. since then, i have experienced a black and white childhood and searched for whatever may fill in the gaps of my unlived youth. so now that i have a nephew whom i can treat as a younger sibling, i will never allow him to experience a dull childhood. i will give him everything i never had as a child.

meanwhile, the father of my nephew; my brother hurriedly traveled from Manila to Bicol when he learned the heavenly news. my mother, on the other hand, excitedly took care and shopped for our newly born angel while his father is still not around. she bought clothes, milk bottles, and everything that her grandson who was still in the hospital undergoing the process of incubation, will need.

i arrived at our house, excited to see my nephew who will call me 'kuyatito'. in quite a short while, my mom and other people who looked tired and pale arrived at our house. i disregarded their haggardness and thought that it was natural for them to look that way after taking care of such a fragile being. nevertheless, mom told me that kuya and my nephew is in the second floor. my heart jumped for joy and extreme mirth to learn that he's finally here until mom uttered, "he's gone, he was taken by the Lord at 6:05pm". i took a second to contemplate on things and realized that at this same time, the sky was crying right before my very eyes. i then thought, my beloved nephew did not leave without saying goodbye tpo his kuyatito.

i scurried upstairs and saw my brother cradling his son, my nephew who just seemed to slumber and dream serenely. as i saw this scenario, it was as if a razor sharp knife pierced into my heart. our dreams and potential happiness, disappeared in just a blink of an eye.

although he was carried by his mother for only 6 months, he proved that he possessed unbelievable strength and the will to live that no other baby possesses. no other baby of his age has survived and swam against the flow of destiny in a span of 12 hours. in as short as this time frame, he has beaten every other kid of his age.

within his lifetime i know that we made him feel that in every second of his breathing, there are people who will forever love him unconditionally, people who will risk everything and do everything for his sake.

the 12 hours that he spent on the earthly grounds, battling with the laws of fate and destiny, he showed and proved that his name is truly fit for him; ARIA, a warrior.




~o~

this is a tribute to my nephew,
Aria Kalashnik Perez
born on July 14, 2008

We love You A.K.

~o~

  • warrior - a gladiator who will fight for life as long as God allows him to. a soldier who uses his strength in battle not for the wrong reasons but because of his will to live.





0 comments: