FADE

Author: zereporthej /

November 26, 2009

Last night I dreamt of walking by the sea, and the sun was shining so brightly like never before... in the dream I was a young child still so small, probably five, walking alone through a stretch of rocky shores… when I looked back, though, I saw a crowd of people waving at me with big smiles on their faces… but sharper in my vision was the rocky shore, accentuated by big jagged rocks that sparkle as the waves of the sea pounded them… when I continued forward, my foot trampled on a loose seaweed… making me fall flat on the bed of rocks…

Next thing I knew I could only see blue and a tad bit of green… and taste salt… i was still immersed in the water… I slowly stood up, took a deep breath, removed the sand from my hair and suddenly felt a stinging pain on my right arm… when I took a look, I saw blood and lacerated skin… and I looked back again to ask for help from the crowd of people… but they were gone…

I looked at myself and realized I wasn’t a child anymore… I was a grown man twenty years older… in the distance now; I could see a dark cave that oddly seemed to welcome me… I walked and walked through the rocks with blood dripping from my arm, mixing with the crystal blue seawater… I observed how my blood would combine with the water and saw my feet bleeding as well... but I kept on walking towards the cave… when I entered the cave, it was pitch black… and I could see nothing at all…

I continued to walk until walking just seemed to have no sense anymore, yet the pain of my wounds got even more intense… I felt as if I was fading away, into the darkness… away from those happy people… away from that bright sun… into the pit of nothingness, of void, of pain… soon enough, I became one with the dark emptiness of the cave… and then I woke up.

I checked my phone… It was 6:42 am. I was late for my Psych 101 class again…

Z|E|R|E|P|O|R|T|H|E|J™
11.26.09

1 comments:

Dreamrose said...

tibayun aki ko!lubos sako