Those empty moments and the thoughts they give birth to

Author: zereporthej /

Life’s intricate patterns are hard to follow. When you get lost, you will find yourself helpless, drowning in distress. Sometimes, it would seem better to ignore those trivial yet overt details, but acting as if nothing is wrong in spite of these quite palpable realities will never change anything.

Now, I admit I am at a loss. I do not know what to think. I do not know what to do. I cannot point my finger on what I want. And these empty moments wherein these thoughts suddenly materialize just aggravate my frustration. It seems that the intertwining of such inimitably deceitful circumstances has brought life to the lapse in my sanity. Fortunately though, my overstressed brain is still lucid enough to determine that something is wrong.

I wish it is enough to believe in life, in love, in promises. But that is a wish that has been asked by many and yet simultaneously, that is a wish that has stagnated at some point in time. Believing is something that many-a-person has underrated. And once again, I admit to this.

I have lost myself trying to believe the things that negate the others that I am afraid to face. All could have been better if I, myself, knew better. Believing is beyond just the utterance of the words “I believe…” In fact, believing has nothing to do at all with its declaration.

The authenticity of belief can only be realized by mutual trust. And by mutual, I do not mean blind. One can never trust with the foundation of lies, or better yet, uncertainty. To build belief, it has to have firm grounds. Bottom-line, trust first before you believe. This is as simple as trusting first your own capability to sing, per se, before believing that you will win in a singing competition. The belief of going home a victor in that competition will be futile if one does not trust his own capability in the first place. Trust is a prerequisite to belief.

Sometimes, however, the hands of fate take control. It does not only hold sway, it has the power to shatter even the strongest belief that you hold on to, even to the point of beguiling you with the world’s most evil temptations. But life always has two sides. It is with fate’s coming that external forces pick you up and fight with you and you wonder why you have struggled alone when you can fight your demons with fervent help. Then again, when their duties are done, you have to learn to stand on your own once again and recover trust and belief, neither in life nor in love, not even in promises but in yourself. Only then will you really be able to believe in life, in love and in promises.

I need not curse or rant or pester myself with these empty moments and the thoughts they give birth to. For the only things I could be sure of are my own emotions. Being doubtful and keeping induced vile thoughts in this frolicking mind I have atop my neck would only banish me into the fires of bitterness. Let not the mind think and allow the heart to perform its miracles.

Someone once told me, “Love is a matter of heart over mind…

I trust and believe you, but that does not need any saying anymore. I feel it now.

In the end, I have realized, it is hard to follow life’s patterns because it is not meant to be followed. I have decided to create my own path for in a path that is your own, you will never get lost.

0 comments: